Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes your compliments DON'T make me feel better

The other day I was driving home from the gym and I was texting a friend. I told him I had just went to the gym and pretty soon I'll look really good. He responded with you're sexy no matter what. which would normally make any girl blush, right?? WRONG. my first thought was "Oh, that's great.But apparently not sexy enough for you to ever date"? just my luck. So then this sparked a whole conversation in my head about all the times I've received compliments and wasn't overly excited about them. Like when you see people that you don't regularly hang out with or see and one of the first things out of their mouth is "have you lost weight"? and in the back of your head you are actually thinking, If anything I've gained weight, but thanks. So then  you think to yourself Did I look that fat before? It's not a very pleasant feeling you feel when that happens. Sometimes I wish people didn't say anything at all. What's wrong with a simple conversation. "Hi, How are you?" "what"s new"? " Good to see you" "I miss you". I would just like to say I'm not a huge fan of compliments. Every now and again its ok but sometimes I just feel weird.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Whenever someone asks me if I've lost weight, I want to tell them to mind their own damn business. Then I get all insecure and think, "So what if I'm chunky? Did I really look that bad a few months ago that you have to say something to me now to make me feel better?". Ugh.

    ReplyDelete