Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm my own worst Enemy

So non-stop i've been thinking about the new guy, let's call him Country Boy, and I'm trying to be open minded. But in the back of my head I have this image of the kind of guys I see myself with, and he doesn't fit the mold.  He makes me laugh and that's a big plus. I like hanging out with him. He gives nice hugs. He smells nice(pre-smoking). But is that enough to have a relationship with? He smokes, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've kind of been brushing it off. I mean it could be worse. But I think smoking is such a nasty habit. If it was something you did socially only when you're drinking I could respect that, but on a regular basis? hhhmm not so much. bad breath, yellow teeth, it's bad for your lungs, it stinks up everything about you, like your clothes and your car and maybe even your house. But smoking doesn't make you a bad person. So I'm trying to focus on him as a person. 

My relationships don't ever seem to last long and it's possible that  this could also be one of those things that doesn't last very long. but let's say it does, what if 6 months down the road I realize that this isn't working for me. I mean You don't know until you try. but I have to admit I'm a pretty good at knowing whether something is worth my time.  I don't want to date someone just to date someone. That's a waste of emotions.  I feel a bunch of different emotions all at once. It's really confusing. I don't want to hurt anyone and I don't want to get hurt myself.  But what if it's possible that I could find love in the most unsuspecting person.  I don't want to be that girl only dates a certain type of people and spends her life alone because she's not willing to deviate from the ideal in her head.

Relationships are hard. I'm sure they weren't mean to be easy. If that were the case our divorce rate wouldn't be so high.  I'm been focusing on being open minded and its driving me bonkers because my mind just plays the what if game all day long. But what if I should be less open minded. I've been open minded with all my last boyfriends and that didn't work out for me. But It could have any number of things that went wrong there.  I'm starting to think the perfect guy for me either doesn't exist or he's already taken. Possibly he's just not in Central FL and I need to move. I've been saying there are no good guys left in CFL for awhile. It just might actually be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment