Friday, July 8, 2011

Couples suck

I feel like the last single person in town. I say that because all my friends seem to be in relationships, and although I'm happy for them, sometimes I just want to puke when I have to hear about them or see them together. Am I Sour because I don't get the same luxury, HELL YES! I'm not ashamed of it either. I love my friends don't get me wrong. But It does feel like UGh when I'm around people in relationships and that's something I want but can't seem to have. It' s like a Fat kid being surrounded by people eating cake but for some unknown reason there is no damn cake left. It just sucks.... So sorry to my friends If I seem like a Debbie Downer or just not my normal cheerful self when I am around you and your significant other.

One couple is bad enough but it's an even worse put down when you are hanging out with multiple couples in you're the only single person.  I feel so left out, like it's not bad enough I'm the only black person at the table, now I have to be the only single person too. FML!!! People in relationships like to tell me "you're lucky you're single". I'm sorry but that doesn't make me feel any better about my situation. Are there things I absolutely enjoy about being single? Yes! But at the end of the day when I come home from work and I'm just sitting around doing nothing I miss having that person to text and tell about my day or talk on the phone to or even go visit after work and smell and hug and experience that comfortable feeling you get from being around them. I miss saying goodnight to someone and falling asleep on the phone with them. I miss my clothes smelling like his cologne and taking them off and smelling them while remembering how sweet his kisses were.  

Is my freedom great? Yes! It's nice not to have to report to anyone, or wait around his calls, or have any relationship drama, but being single has it's own drama. Like for instance, I like to cuddle but I can't really do that without cuddling around and I'm not looking to be the next cuddle Whore of my town. And while we're talking about cuddling, when that other feeling comes about it sucks not having someone around to have fun with. Again with my ups and downs with men I've been around the block and I'm over that. So being single isn't all that at the end of the day when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment