Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Welder

So my first attempt at going on a date didn't go so well. I began talking to this guy, The welder, on Monday. We seemed to hit it off well and he seemed promising. Tuesday came around and we were already talking about hanging out. We talked all day Wednesday and we both seemed super excited about Thursday night. Since I was off of work that day i was going to drive out to Orlando, where he lives, and hang out in Downtown. 

So just my luck It's Thursday afternoon and I reminded that I'm supposed to take my neice to gymnastics. There goes my date, FML. Don't get me wrong I love my neice, but i think that cancelling my date led to the demise of something that could have been.  I believe in simple decencies and as soon as i knew i could make the date I informed the welder. He didn't seem upset or bothered by it at all. His actions though tell a different story. Friday came around and i barely got a word out of him. He said he was busy at work which is understandable but he gets off at 3pm. so why for the rest of the day after that he didn't answer any of my text messages.

Saturday came and I didn't hear a single word from him. We had rescheduled our Thursday get together to Saturday night. He was actually going to be in part of town to par take in the Bike Week festivities that go on every year at this time.  I tried to call him to see where and what time he wanted to meet. Not a word. This guy is officially on my shit list. Don't be rude. He could have sent me a text and said don't bother coming out to meet me or whatever else. Even if for some reason maybe his phone was broke, there is a thing called a computer. contact me. There's no excuse for what he did. I feel stood up and that's a shitty feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment