Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Bridal Expo

Last Sunday i went to the bridal expo. I know what you are thinking, she's not getting married, why is she going to the expo?? One, it was research and two, I LOVE WEDDINGS people! I'm all about the weddings. Sunday's are one of my favorite days of the week because I get to watch Amazing wedding cakes, My Fair wedding with David Tutera, and Rich bride, Poor bride.  So anyways back to the Expo, two words: Daytona Sucks. I was not overly impressed with it. The advertising was hugely overstated.

So my Issues with the expo were: 50% of the vendors were photographers,there's more to a wedding than photos, no disrespect to photographers. I know one. I just wish there was more variety. Where were the catering companies? Transportation companies? Dress shops?  There were 2 specialty cake vendors. I know we have a lot more than that in the Volusia county area. So aside from variety being absent from the expo the business cards were ridiculous. The majority of the cards didn't have an address for the company. One of them had the most ridiculous design  logo covering up the theme of their upcoming wedding collection. Another card had a personal photo of the owner. I'm not a fan. a picture of your face on your business card isn't the deciding factor on weather or not im going to do business with you. I'm more concerned about the work you do and how well you can do it.  

The fashion was lacking. Someone put 60% thought into the idea but didn't follow through. They had guys dressed up in tuxes, which was nice. BUT then they had girls walking around in wedding dresses, but their hair wasn't done up, no glamorous make-up, and tattoos on display. It was a little trashy looking in my opinion. Anyone can walk around in a dress but if you're trying to sell a product, you gotta make it look good. It's a wedding, it's a classy event 90% of the time. So why didn't these girls look like a million bucks??? There was also a fashion show. Positive: They had two big girls representing. Negative: most of the models didn't seem overly excited to be walking down the shortest runway. Ladies, it's Daytona, NOT PARIS. It's ok to smile and have fun.  Oh and before i forget One girl had the ugliest brown shoes on and she wore them with each dress she wore on the runway, but they didn't match any of the dresses. David's bridal, what were you thinking??


One of the most exciting things i saw at the expo:



No comments:

Post a Comment