Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So there's this guy and...

So there's this guy that's been talking to me. I'm 100% positive that he likes me. We've never met that I can recall. I'm not even sure how I know him and how we started talking but my intention is never to be rude. I'm just not that kind of person. So I've indulged and I've talked back. When it was just texting he didn't seem to bad. I was thinking PROSPECT but now i'm thinking FRIENDS ONLY. We talked last night on the phone. He's not at all what I'm looking for. He's 31, which is a little older than I'm looking for. He doesn't have a ride and lives in Palm Coast, FL which is a good 20+ minute drive for me. I like to date people with rides because sometimes it's nice when someone comes to pick me up every now and again instead of me driving every where all the time. I don't mean to sound shallow or insensitive but intellectually I'm not sure he can keep up with me (That's about as P.C. as I know how to be). Sometimes you can just kind of tell. He doesn't like sports and I love sports and I want to be able to hang out on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and watch football with my boyfriend(whenever I can find one worth my time).  He also said something that kind of concerned me. He said his last girlfriend was my age,24, and that they had dated for 7 years. If I do my math right than he was dating her while she was 17 (that's a little too close to being illegal for me). Anyways that's not really the part that bothered me the most. He mentioned that she had cheated on him a total of 2 times throughout the relationship and that he wouldn't mind going back to her.  After I heard that my skin was on fire. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO BE WITH A CHEATER??????

I don't take kindly to cheating, although I have been the other woman on more than one occasion so I get how someone could see my comments as hypocritical, but personally speaking I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a cheater. Maybe if a guy did it once I'd be able to forgive him but I'd make him work like hell to make it up to me. If there was a second time, I'd be out the door faster than superman could change into his costume. First and foremost, I don't need a man in my life that bad. So if he can't treat me like I deserve to be treated than I don't need to waste my time. Secondly, there are too many complications involved when someone you're dating becomes a habitual cheater. There's those random messages from other woman flaunting it in your face that they've slept with your man, there's the risk he brings home some disgusting disease and passes it on to you, and the dreaded "she's pregnant and it's mine" conversation. I don't want to have to deal with any of it. If he can't keep it in his pants than I can't stick around. Just how I feel.

The only plus this guy has going for him is that he has a job, which is super important because I don't want to be stuck paying for everything. I try to be open minded but I know what I want and I don't want to waste my time pursuing something I know isn't going very far.

There's another prospect, however I'm thinking this too is a waste of my time. I'm not ready to make a full assessment yet, but I've been around the block several times and so far in the few conversations we've had I can already smell disaster coming.  Who knew finding someone to date could be so hard. My boyfriends don't last longer than 3 months and I haven't been able to find anyone worth trying to attempt to make it to at least 3 months with. FML!

2 comments:

  1. Jaz, you are not shallow in the slightest for wanting a man with a car. That's number one on my list of requirements. Listen, you're smart, beautiful, and funny as hell. Things will fall into place when it's time. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAww thanks!! You rock! I love that I just got 3 compliments in one sentence :-) I might need to write this down somewhere. lol

    ReplyDelete