Monday, December 19, 2011

"I'm too busy for a relationship, but..."

I've always hated when people claim to be "too busy" for a relationship. I feel like unless you work 50+ hours a week,  have an on-call job,  or travel a lot for work you have no right to say I'm too busy for a relationship. Anytime someone says that line in the back of my mind I'm thinking What a cop out. If you weren't interested that's all you had to say. I bring this up because I ran into a guy from my past last week. I happened to be at his job and I saw him and we started texting again. Stupid me. After a couple days I remembered why I stopped talking to him in the first place.  So apparently in his eyes I'm only good for one thing. It's very apparent because every conversation we have always ends up in the same place. So during one of our conversations I made it clear that if  he wanted what he wanted from me he'd have to be dating me. His response was, "I work a lot and don't have time to put into a bf gf thing...i'm open to something like meeting up 2-3 times a week if you were". Those were his exact words. I read that and wanted to just throw my phone. I don't understand how that even makes sense. You don't have time for a relationship but you have time to meet me 2-3 times a week for sex?? I think that's a bunch of BULL SHIT.  

So my conclusion is that he doesn't want to be in a relationship because of financial reasons. Going out on dates is not cheap. It can't be time, he texts me all day and if you have time to meet up 2-3 times a week that's time that could be spent going out to dinner, hanging out, watching a movie, etc. Possibly It could be his last girlfriend was a nag or crazy or something so he just doesn't want the frustrations and complications associated with relationships. Perhaps maybe he's just not interested, but I think I'm quite interesting.  I could be here all night trying to guess why he has presented this ridiculous proposal. I decline any such offer though. I'm not that kind of girl. I'm so much better than that.  

I wish people would stop using that excuse unless of course they legitimately don't have time for a relationship.  I would hope that both parties are adults, If the other person understands that you have a busy life you can make something work if you really want to. Seriously, If you are that interested in another person than you will make any necessary changes to fit them into your schedule. If you aren't really interested you're a lot more likely to not make much effort for anything so of course it wouldn't work. I'm a very understanding person. If some guy I liked told me he had a busy schedule but was still interested in trying to make something work I'd be all for it. I have a life too. I'm not just sitting at home all day doing nothing and waiting for his every text message. We all have days off work and even though they may not always match up doesn't mean you can't find time for each other. If you meet the right person time doesn't have to be an issue. Some women require a lot of time and then there are those women that don't require all your time because they have their own life too and there every waking moment doesn't involve their boyfriend/companion/significant other/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment